The Program Manager is responsible for the governance, planning, management (financial and administration) of a long term program and will oversee completion of many projects within the program. Will have other project managers assigned to their program. Execute assigned work to agreed time, scope, budget and quality following established process and delivery methodology.
May guide teams consisting of cross functional, global, and virtual groups; assigns responsibility to members; monitors and tracks progress. Responsible for the ongoing growth and development of the program.
- Understand client goals, scope and expectations; articulate to team project purpose
- Work with stakeholder(s) to establish a road map Establish project schedules and manage to scope and budget
- Create and execute on established communication plans
- Guide and govern assigned project manager; coordinate efforts with assigned PM’s to ensure efficiency and maximum effectiveness
- Provide meeting agendas, meeting notes and status/progress reports
- Manage assigned work and resources across project within program
- Manage communications within project team and with stakeholder
- Monitor Progress and burn rates as a method for tracking and reporting progress
- Issue management; proactively identify risks and issues and clearly articulate options or next steps
- Continually drive project to completion while keeping client business goals and needs in focus
- Motivate colleagues and manage stakeholder priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
- Assist with the development and creation of statements of work to support growth of project
- Review program progress and results to ensure alignment with the overall strategic vision